The international Expo 2015 event took place in Milan from May to October 2015 and attracted over 21 Million visitors from all over the world. A significant number of motorhome and caravan were awaited. I saw the opportunity to create a service for RV owners and to promote the caravanning sector outside its traditional channels.
In December 2014 I launched Driving Expo 2015, a multi-language website dedicated to RV owners looking for any kind of information they may need to enjoy a safe and amazing stay in Milan and the North of Italy before, during or after Expo 2015. www.drivingexpo2015.com listed locations of parking areas, campsites, camper service points and farms with parking for motorhomes in Lombardy, plus locations for RV rental, technical assistance and emergency services, such as hospitals, Police or vets. It also included some suggested itineraries and routes to discover the best treasures of northern Italy.
– We reached more than 13,000 visitors per day in October 2015.
– We achieved coverage in all the major RV magazines in Europe, all the Italian RV media, plus local newspapers and the most important national financial newspaper “Il Sole 24 Ore”
– We have been awarded as innovative start-up by the Minister of Agriculture, Food and Forestry, with responsibility for Expo, Maurizio Martina.
– We participated as speakers in a number of events related to and for Expo 2015
– We partnered with Fiat for its communications related to the Expo theme